Snowdonia Holiday Cottages Terms & Conditions
- The booking deposit of 30% of the rental to confirm your booking is non-refundable. However we will endeavour to re-let the week(s) and if successful refund the deposit paid less a £100.00 administration and re-marketing fee.
- Your final payment plus damages/security deposit is due 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. We will send you a reminder email a week before your balance is payable and a final reminder on the due date. If payment is not made by the due date or you do not contact us, your holiday dates will be re-advertised as a cancellation.
- The property is available for occupation after 4 p.m. on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10 a.m. on the last day. Covid restrictions times may change.
- No-one other than those named on the booking form may sleep at the property and must not exceed the maximum stated on the cottages details. This is a requirement of our insurance and fire regulations.
- You must keep the property clean and in good order and you will be responsible for any breakages. Any damage or any extra cleaning required if the property is left dirty will be charged against your security/damages deposit. In the unlikely event of damage exceeding your damages/security deposit, you will be liable.
- Please report breakages/damage or other problems as soon as they occur. We cannot rectify issues that are not reported to us immediately.
- We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action to recover any costs if payment is not made on request. Should the cost of rectifying or replacing any damaged items or property exceed your damages/security deposit you will be liable for that cost.
- Your security/damages deposit will be refunded to you normally within 2 – 5 days of the end of your holiday following inspection by our Housekeeper.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (eg through fire, flood, failure of utility services etc) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. We are not under any other liability if such a cancellation occurs. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for alterations, delay or cancellations or any other loss or damaged caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by rescheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside our control.
- If you commit a serious breach of our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking and if you are already at the property we may require you to leave.
- Once dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email they can only be changed with our agreement and may incur an administration charge.
- If a booking is cancelled after final payment we will endeavour to re-let the property, if it is re- let, we will refund you in full minus an administration and remarketing fee of £100.00. If we are unable to re-let we will refund only the additional extras paid for, i.e hot tub hire, any dog charges, and security deposit.
- We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation. It’s worth checking with your bank to see if you have holiday insurance included as an account benefit. We cannot offer refunds for disinclination to travel. This means that if you change your mind for whatever reason and choose not to take your holiday we cannot offer you a refund.
- All dogs must be disclosed on our booking form and only those dogs may be brought may stay at Farrier’s Cottage or Mountainview. Dogs should be a minimum of 6 months old at the time of your holiday.
- We will charge for any damage caused by your dogs. We advice you to check your own insurance policy that your dogs are covered for damage to 3rd party property.
- If your dog sleeps on your bed with you please let us know before hand and bring your own bedlinen. If our bed linen is used and found to have dog hairs you will be charged for replacements. Beds are not be used without linen and protectors.
- We endeavour to be dog-friendly and understanding, however guests are expected to abide by our House Rules for Dogs (see separate guidelines on our web page)
- Access for any repairs or emergency works must be permitted at any reasonable time during your stay.
- If we are concerned that guests are breaching our terms and conditions we, our housekeeper or an appointed person has the right to enter and inspect the property at any time.
- Our properties are non-smoking and non-vaping properties.
- Unlimited Superfast Fibre internet is provided free of charge at Farriers Cottage. We cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to Openreach maintenance or MBORC (Matters beyond our reasonable control) Internet service at Mountainview is provided by a 4G wireless antenna and whilst unlimited service especially in the evenings can be limited. Every effort is made to ensure continuity of service.
- Linen and towels are included in the cottage. If you require a travel cot, bedding is not provided. Please bring your own beach towels, as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
- Special Requirements. If you or any other guests have any special requirements or your dogs that you feel may not have been clarified by text or photos on our website, please email us prior to booking. We will answer any questions and help you establish if our properties are suitable for you. We will try and make any reasonable adjustments that we can, but it may not be possible to accommodate all your requests/requirements. In those cases; it is your decision if you feel the accommodation is suitable for your needs. If you discover on arrival that it is not suitable for your needs we shall not be held liable.
- We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any property left behind in either property. We will make every effort to locate anything you think you have left behind and return it to you. In this instance, we ask you to pay the costs of return postage in advance.
- Anything found in the properties, after your stay will be disposed of after 28 days.
- The keys to properties are your responsibility during your stay and any costs incurred through loss, damage, loss of access to the property as a result of lost keys or keys not being left in the key safe at the end of your stay will be charged to you in full.
- If you are staying at Farriers Cottage and have paid for the use of the hot tub, it will have been professionally cleaned, water changed and chemical levels checked. Please do not use the hot tub, if you have not booked it as it will not have been professionally cleaned, water changed or chemical checked. Your Security Deposit will be forfeited if it is found to have been used.
- We ask you to respect our neighbour’s rights for peace and quiet. Please ensure noise is kept to a minimum when using the garden or hot tub.
- By returning the booking form and paying the deposit constitutes an acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to decline a booking or impose additional security/damage deposit.
- Electric vehicles should not be charged from domestic plug sockets. A 32 amp Electric Vehicle charging point is available at Mountainview, via an app.
- Hot Tub T&Cs
- To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub, we ask that you read through and adhere to the rules of this safety document.
- During pregnancy soaking in the hot tub may cause damage to the foetus, so contact your GP for advice before using the hot tub, to ensure it is safe for you to use.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infection, open sores or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition.
- Never use the hot tub while using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower your blood pressure.
- At 39/40c limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 20 minutes, as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. At 36-37c this can be extended as this body temperature and there is risk.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection and can heighten the dangers of drowning due to suction below the water line.
- Never use the hot tub alone. Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Never use glass near or in the hot tub, as broken glass can cause a risk to people in bare feet and is very difficult to see within the thot tub water. Plastic glasses are provided for use in and around the hot tub.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near or in the hot tub.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub please contact us direct,
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their GP.
- Parents are advised that the hot tubs are not suitable for children under the age of four and to warn their children not to allow water in to their mouths as this can cause infection and illness.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effect of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Always shower before using hot tub. This will wash away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc, which will reduce the effectivness of the spar sanitiser which disinfects the water. hic
- Make sure fake tan is removed before using the hot tub as this reacts to the chemicals and reduces the effectiveness of the spar sanitiser which disinfects the water. It also discolours the water and marks the waterline of the hot tub.
- Never allow children to use the hot tub unsupervised and when not in use make sure the cover is on and secured down.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Take care entering the hot tub.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists contact a local doctor or A&E. There is a list of emergency numbers in the information folder together with a printed copy of the t&Cs.
- Do NOT turn hot tub isolation switch off at the electricity point of your accommodation as power is needed to be turned on to carry out the cleaning cycles. You will hear the hot tub start twice a day/night running the cleaning cycle.
- NOTES TOOT TUB USERS AND PARENTS
- It is your responsible to enforce the rules of safety within the cottage’s hot tub.
- When you book your accommodation you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
- Parents the life and health of you, your family and friends is important. Please practice safety and supervise your hot tub in line with these safety guidelines.
- Please note: For health and safety reasons we empty, clean and re-fill the hot tub before each set of guests. Therefore when you arrive your hot tub may not be up to optimum temperature. You do not need to do anything as the hot tub will be switched on and set to the correct temperature. We are sorry if this causes any inconvenience. but it is important that your hot tub is properly prepared and clean for your use.
- The hot tub will also be serviced again during your stay, usually on a Monday for a seven day stay.
- Any problems with the hot tub please contact our hot tub engineer Tony on 07340 94787.
- Any damage must be reported immediately to ourselves and the hot tub engineer Tony. Misuse/damage will be charged against your security deposit. Should any damage exceed your security deposit you will still be liable.
- On booking your holiday you have agreed to the t&cs as stated above while using the hot tub and understand you and your group will adhere to the safety requirements as stated above.
Firstly, and above everything else, we urge ALL guests to ensure they have appropriate travel insurance. (sometimes this is included with some bank accounts. We urge you to check) We do not cover cancellation due to illness, either prior to or during your stay.
In the event of a national or local lockdown we will offer you a transfer of dates (priced accordingly) or a full refund.
If we are required to close by the Welsh Government we will offer you a transfer of dates (priced accordingly) or a full refund.
We cannot offer refunds for disinclination to travel. This means that if you change your mind for whatever reason and choose not to take your holiday, we cannot offer you a refund. Please refer to our standard terms and conditions regarding cancellation. We cannot offer refunds for illness, including Covid, personal shielding or self isolation. This means that you must claim off your own insurance. If you do not have insurance, please refer to our standard terms and conditions regarding cancellation.
We cannot offer refunds if guests cannot complete their stay. Early departure does not warrant a rental decrease.
Please ensure you follow all Government guidance on travel if you are unwell before arrival. we cannot accept guests isolating at our properties. If you become unwell during your stay we ask that you return to your main residence in line with government guidance. Please inform us if anyone in your party becomes unwell or has a positive test for Covid as this will affect our cleaning protocol. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed Covid infection. if you are too unwell to travel you will be liable for additional rental for any longer period and cost of any subsequent cancellations incurred.
We urge guests to ensure they have adequate travel insurance in case of cancellations for any reason.